*/

2019-03-19

Dissenter is accessible [Updated: Stopped using it]

As if New Zealand could block Dissenter.
If you have problems to get your right for free speech, you can simply use any VPN to circumvent this open act of censorship. Looks like New Zealand is no longer a free country.
Wait, we knew that before with the incident with Kim Dotcom.

But it also looks like that many people in New Zealand can use Dissenter as usual and the blocking failed. Huh, not easy to suppress people in the 21st century.

It's great that a tool like Dissenter . com exists. If you don't know what it is: It's enabling you to comment on any website, comment, link, Facebook post or any damn tweet without those companies being able to censor you. There are add-ons for all common browsers (and some uncommon) and also a website where you can past the URL directly without installing any add-ons or extensions.

Just copy the URL from the browser window, open dissenter . com in a new tab and past the URL in the appropriate field, and you have all the comments, likes  and discussions about that link in your browser.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Update 2019-04-11:  Okay, so I've stopped using Dissenter. First of all their plugin keeps requiring more and more rights to access websites shown in the browser. While I don't see an abuse of this, I have get no real benefit out of discussing things in dissenter with the lack of people participating in my region and language, and on my topics I'm interested in. So I see no sense wasting my time with another service.
If necessary I can use the dissenter website without any plugin, but I do not see traction catching on at things I'm really interested in.